Shared governance at 森林舞会游戏 is the 过程 through which individuals develop recommendations for policies and decisions that affect the institution. This 过程 encourages and values the voices of all members of the 森林舞会游戏 community. Opportunities for open dialogue throughout the 过程 is paramount, which provides College leadership access to the knowledge and expertise that resides at all levels of the institution. 这种对话是协作的, data-informed, 并以多样性原则为基础, 股本, 和包容. The purpose of this 过程 includes supporting student success and fostering a respectful and inclusive workplace. 它假定了商誉, 是透明的, and demonstrates a commitment to our mission and to our institutional values.
我们的承诺: 沟通、文档 & 透明度
沟通, 文档, and transparency are essential to the active participation of all constituency 组 in college governance. To be most effective, shared governance commits to the following:
- Enable all members of the College community to access information about and participate in governance activities through the use of accessible, American with Disabilities Act (ADA)-compliant agendas and minutes created from college-provided templates;
- 通过森林舞会游戏网站提供信息, intranet portal and/or other electronic media so constituents can view information at any time;
- Focus on 文档 of agreements, actions items, and relevant context for the:
- 在参与式治理机构之间，e.g., 书院谘询委员会 and standing committees, or between standing committees,
- Ensure standing committees move final recommendations forward in writing to the 书院谘询委员会 and that the 书院谘询委员会 forwards written recommendations to the College president for final consideration and decision-making;
- Ensure that final decisions that differ substantially from forwarded recommendations are accompanied by a written rationale for the final decision; and
- Annually review and evaluate the 过程 via the 书院谘询委员会, 记录来自不同群体的反馈.
- The central governing body has representation that is inclusive of all constituencies so that all voices are heard.
- 选区 that will be represented on shared governance committees are administrators, 全职工作人员, 兼职员工, 全职教师, 兼职教师, 和学生.
- 促进积极参与共享治理, 作为入职的一部分, new employees will be provided training on the 森林舞会游戏 shared governance committees and 过程es as well as how to participate in shared governance. This training on 森林舞会游戏 shared governance will be provided by leadership and/or representatives from each of the broad constituencies (faculty, 工作人员, & 管理).
- 参加所有有学生代表参加的委员会, chairs will work with Student Senate to identify students to serve, but the student representatives do not need to be members of Student Senate.
- There must be formal opportunities for all constituency 组 to get together within their constituency 组 for shared governance 问题, and to determine shared governance representation on committees.
- 以一种代表性的治理形式, constituency representatives in all shared governance committees have the responsibility to get feedback from and give information to their constituencies
The 书院谘询委员会 (CAC) will consider proposals related to the educational mission of the College 1) from administrators, 组, 和/或个人, 2)常任委员会, and will make final recommendations directly to the College president. 建议 are forwarded from the 书院谘询委员会 to the College president. 学院院长负责最后的决定, if the decision differs substantially from the forwarded recommendation, is expected to provide to the 书院谘询委员会 a written rationale for the decision before the next CAC meeting.CAC应作为教员之间的联络人, 专业人员, 机密的员工, 以及学院的管理人员.
- Receive in writing from the president of the College or the vice president for Academic & 学生事务 requests for CAC advice on administrative policy and refer them to appropriate committees for study. It shall also receive written inquiries from other administrators as appropriate. The secretary of the 廉政公署督导委员会 will note any inquiries and decisions in the next published agenda.
- Receive from the secretary of the CAC all items of new business proposed by members and determine the appropriate disposition.
- Receive from the secretary of the CAC requests to deliberate upon Student Senate proposals and determine the appropriate disposition.
- Report regularly to the CAC regarding the disposition of all items of business submitted to the 廉政公署督导委员会.
- 审议森林舞会游戏共享治理结构章程 & 所需修订的流程. The result of this study shall be reported to the CAC no later than the first meeting of each spring semester.
- 持续审阅CAC会议记录, follow the progress and actions of both the CAC Standing Committees and 廉政公署特设委员会, 并向CAC报告.
- 行为 regular elections of members prior to the end of the second semester, except for the first year of implementing the revised structure, and by special elections during the first thirty days of each regular semester when vacancies arise. 在选举过程中, consult with 人力资源 to ensure the representation of each constituency and division of the College.
- 研究廉政公署常务委员会的委员会结构, 廉政公署特设委员会, and college-wide ad-hoc committees to ensure revisions are reflected. The 结果 of the study must be presented to the CAC in the spring semester.
- 行为 the periodic assessment of the shared governance committees, 过程, and structure; determine the recommendations for revisions as a result of the assessment; and prepare a report of recommendations to present to the CAC.
- Review the 结果 and analysis of the shared governance assessment with the CAC and distribute committee-specific information to each respective standing committee.
- Receive assessment recommendations from the CAC and all shared governance standing committees and prepare a report of recommendations to the president of the CAC.
- Review policy 并向廉政公署提出建议 for its approval concerning every aspect of the curricular program of the College.
- Examine proposals and changes of courses and programs from the academic divisions of the College to ensure adherence to College policy, 并向廉政公署提出建议.
- Advise the VPASA Council and College leadership in the areas of long-range technology planning and operational barriers.
- Recommend policies for the development of the 图书馆 and all academic support programs to serve student and faculty needs of the College.
- 为教职员工提供资源, 包括那些参与拨款提案的人, regarding new and emerging classroom technology and review policy 并向廉政公署提出建议 for its approval.
- Facilitate the interdisciplinary exchange of information and expertise to promote collaborative efforts to advance the use and implementation of new and emerging technology at the College.
- Review data to report to academic deans and the Center for Excellence 工作人员 for problem solving and establishing support systems for faculty and 工作人员.
- Communicate to constituencies to keep the 森林舞会游戏 community informed of technology changes, 问题, 以及实施时间表.
- Provide input on the College's 信息技术 Master Plan.
- Provide input on the annual institution-wide priority for information technology.
- Review tuition and fee structure, recommended fee increases, and recommended structural changes.
- Provide input to the periodic budget forums that report on the overall financial condition and plans.
- Review physical plant reports and provide advice on prioritizing capital 首页.
- Provide input on a broad spectrum of topics that impact on the College's financial condition and planning to achieve future sustainability.
- Report out 结果 of the budget 过程 to help inform the College community and support transparent communication across and within constituencies.
- Review policy 并向廉政公署提出建议 for its approval concerning every aspect of thecurricular program of the College.
- Examine proposals and changes to courses and programs from the academic divisions of the Collegeto ensure adherence to College policy, 并向廉政公署提出建议.
- Assist in the review and development of recommendations concerning initiatives, 首页, 以及维护校园实体的相关政策.
- 包括小的和大的改造计划的优先次序, 分配空间, 确定需要维修的地方, 并建议更改监护时间表.
- 为学院的五年主要资金计划提供意见, 建设首页, 及设施总体规划.
- Provide input on the College's 信息技术 Master Plan.
- Provide input on annual institution-wide priority for information technology.
- Assist in the review and development of recommendations concerning campus technology policies, 的指导方针, 和服务.
- Promote campus 的指导方针 on security practices and requirements.
- Seek input from the community in the preparation and revision of institutional planning efforts.
- Promote the dissemination of strategies and proposed action plans to representative constituent 组.
- Serve as a resource in the development of institutional planning initiatives.
- Evaluate the College's progress on achieving strategic initiatives.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of institutional planning 过程es and propose changes to 过程es as appropriate.
- 授权教员, 工作人员, 和学生 to pursue new opportunities that positively impact the College's mission and strategic priorities.
- Review and make recommendations regarding new proposals, strategic directions, and initiatives.Collaborate with various College departments and 组 to best facilitate broad engagement in planning and the successful development of innovative practices.
- Review policies and procedures 并向廉政公署提出建议 concerning every aspect of the College's professional standards; professional development; employee experience; and 股本, 多样性, 和包容(EDI).
- 对员工经验进行评估并提出建议, 包括人力资源政策和程序, 大学文化, 履行我们的使命, 理想及森林舞会游戏观.
- Work with administrators and get feedback from faculty and 工作人员 about policy decisions.
- Plan and implement Professional Development Days and contribute to the development of other professional development-related activities.
- 作为联络人，从权益中提出首页, 多样性, 和包容(EDI)委员会共享治理.
- Serve as liaison to bring forward items from the Professional Development Operations Task Force to shared governance.